Thursday, April 5, 2007

A Sexy Flashback: Chilli takes it off for Maxim Magazine

Rozonda Chilli Thomas

In the October 2005 issue of Maxim magazine Rozonda “Chilli” Thomas made countless male fans happy as she took it off and strip down to her swimsuits. All I said was, “what the hell took you so long,” it was about time she reminded the media why she was dubbed “Sexy,” in the R&B group TLC…

Rozonda Chilli Thomas


Three Alarm Chilli
The “sexy” piece of Crazy Sexy Cool TLC has come back from the death of band mate Lisa Lopes and the Usher breakup by starring in a UPN show and, um, not having sex. Yet.

Rozonda Chilli Thomas Is your show, R U the Girl with T-Boz & Chilli, going to give us a revamped TLC? We’re not forming a new TLC. There will never be anybody new in our group to replace Lisa, ever. Whoever the winner is will get a chance to perform on a new single for our greatest hits record and perform with us live in concert.

How does yours differ from other reality shows? One thing you get to see is how silly T-Boz and I really are. We’ve been called the black Laverne and Shirley.

Have advisers ever tried to curtail that TLC attitude? Rozonda Chilli Thomas When we first came out, [former manager] Pebbles used to tell us, “Y’all better not curse.” But for the most part we’ve always been outspoken. You could tell when we came out—we had condoms all over our clothes. The very first TV show we were supposed to do was In Living Color. It was huge back then. They asked us to take off our condoms, and we said, “No way.”

In Living Color dissed TLC? Can you believe that? Someone else might have backed down. “A’ight, this is In Living Color, so we should take off our condoms.” We were like, “Forget it.” I didn’t watch In Living Color for at least six months, I was so mad.

Among others acting roles, you’ve done House Party 3 and The Parkers. What was your least favorite role? I was on That ’70s Show as the sexy nurse. I like that show, but I hated my character. I was like, “I will never do anything like this again in my life. I feel crazy.” I can’t remember the guy’s name on the show, the little guy who looks like the dude from CHiPs?

Fez? Wilmer Valderrama? Yes! He was dreaming he was in the hospital, and I was the sexy nurse. I said yes before I saw the script. Then I was like, “Oh, what do I have to wear?” TLC’s always been sexy, but always tasteful. It’s never, like, slutty and just yech. And they had me in one of those little white dresses and white fishnet stockings.

Yeah, sounds awful. How upsetting was your public breakup with Usher and his subsequent Confessions CD? First of all, Confessions was not about our relationship. Period. I was in the studio with him when he recorded a lot of those songs, including “Confessions.” The only thing probably about me was a remix, way after the album was out.
Rozonda Chilli ThomasWho are you going out with now?
I am so on the market, it’s crazy.

You hitting your hometown ATL clubs? Ooh, I’m not a club person. The club scene is boring. It’s like, “God, y’all still doing this?”

So where are you gonna hook up with someone? I’m hoping he’ll read this article and see the show and be like, “OK, I gotta find Chilli!”

What’s it going to take to land you? I’m so afraid to be in a relationship and have someone cheat on me. I don’t want anybody who’s gonna come up here and think we’re gonna be sexin’, ’cause, you know, I’m celibate. I’m not celibate just because I don’t have anybody in my life; it’s a spiritual thing.

How long have you been celibate? Since I’ve been away from Usher. That was my last boyfriend, so I haven’t been with anybody since. Guys wanna go out on dates, but I haven’t met anyone who’s blown me away.



With her album on the horizon surely we’ll be seeing a lot more spreads for Miss Thomas, so what’s the verdict? What magazines do you want to see Chilli appear in this year?


Anyway, here’s some screen caps from Chilli’s Maxim Video shoot…
Click on one of the following images to view the full size:
Rozonda Chilli Thomas Rozonda Chilli Thomas

For more screencaps, go to the Gallery:
http://www.akon.chilli-online.net/photos/...

No comments: